Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Team Raya KL


We had a wonderful eid last Sunday. The day started with a bliss of fajr rain, so sleep was unforgivably satisfying if I didn’t get to wake up at 6 feeling tired (and blessed, mind you!) We’ve been working hard to clean up and prepare for raya occasion, mostly on cleaning up the house to welcome our guest. This year’s theme lies somewhere between purple and pink, not really my favorite color, but I’ve come to terms to just live with it, if it makes mum happy. Well, I don’t look that awful in pink, I guess. Ha. We had breakfast of lemang and rendang, ketupat and kuah kacang and the impromptu lodeh and lontong. Raya is perfect, voila! I helped baked the cookies while Kenny baked some mean butter cake (with regards to mummy’s recipe). Ohhh! And we made a lot of last minute raya shopping, where we got ourselves a new mini sofa that fits perfectly by the stairs! Gosh! I think we’ve made quite a few trips to Messa Mall and the convenient store. Alhamdulillah, mummy made her first solat aidilfitri this year, alhamdulillah yeay! We went straight to visit arwah pian ;) and surprisingly the way out was jammed because of the amount of vehicles, all the way from the cemetery to the masjid’s entrance. Fathi came by after we did our raya routines, taking family photo. His scenario was a sad one I’d say, who wouldn’t be when you somehow got yourself a plane ticket on the night of first raya. But he’s a man, he’ll be fine, haha. Sad, but fine. After Fathi left, we went straight to Kampung Baru to visit Nek Miah,that was cool. It’s been so long since we had raya in Kuala Lumpur, thou I couldn’t enjoy the trip there because I fell asleep whenever I can in the car due to exhaustion. But I love Kuala Lumpur, despite it being extra hot and sunny. That’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment